Last updated: August 25, 2020
Certa Pty Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the certalink.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
As a general philosophy, we believe that the best way to protect your data is not to collect it in the first place. Therefore, we collect only the minimum data required to deliver our service to you.
- Our apps have no access to your password. You authenticate directly with third party services like Pipedrive and then grant access to our app.
- Any data we process from Pipedrive or other third party services only passes through our servers, it is not recorded, cached or stored in any way.
- Your credit card details are not stored on our server. In fact, we have no access to your credit card details at all.
- The limited data we store is encrypted.
- We record some basic usage information such as your IP address and the time(s) that you have connected. This helps us manage server capacity.
- For contact validation services we record some metadata about your validation requests. This includes the time and date of validation requests and the number of contacts validated. We do this for audit and billing purposes. We do not record any details of the validation requests such as email addresses.
Our privacy and the security of our data is important to us, so we imagine it is important to you too. The best way we can protect and secure your data is not to store it in the first place. The only personally identifiable information we store about you is your email address and name which we use for communicating with you and for identification and billing purposes.
- Service is the certalink.com website and data processing servers operated by Certa Pty Ltd
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Through our payment gateway partner (Stripe) we collect your credit card information for ongoing billing of a subscription or for one time purchases.
At no time is your credit card information recorded, cached or otherwise stored on our servers. Our staff do not have access to your credit card information which is stored exclusively on your account with Stripe. Certa staff are only able to view transaction history and check/change the status of a subscription as it relates to our services. We have no access to your credit card or other financial details in any way.
Stripe are a major global player in online commerce and have been audited as a PCI Service Provider Level 1.
Use of Data
Certa Pty Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Certa Pty Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Certa Pty Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
If you are a European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Right to Erasure
On request we can erase all personally identifiable data relating to you. In general, this includes only our email address and your billing details. To request erasure, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 10 business days for confirmation.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.